Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So, I've not updated this thing in lightyears!

How are you all doing? By all of you, I mean the small handful of folks that even know about this blog.

I've had many things transpire since my last post. We bought our first house. This was a huge undertaking that involved many things, including, financial help from parents, and lots and lots of remodeling of a nice fixer-upper. We moved in, in August and are finally settling down a bit.

The girl has started a new school. For those of you with teenagers, you'll realize that this is not something taken lightly by a a 13 year old girl. Her. Life. Is. Over. , as she puts it. She thinks that we have done all of this not to improve our own way of life, but to ruin hers. That's not dramatic at all, is it? Anyway, some days, she loves her new school, others she is plotting to run away to live with my mother, who still lives in her old school district. When asked why I did not let her continue to finish the 8th grade in her previous school, suffice it to say that she was falling in with a not-so-great crowd and I felt that a change of circumstances would also do her a world of good. I'm still not convinced that I'm wrong, given that we've had not nearly the drama that we did last year at her previous school, and that she's hardly given it a chance given that school just started in August. Anyway, time will tell, and it will all come out in the therapy, I always say.

The boy, who will be 4 next week, started preschool last week. He loves it. He is sure that it is just about the funnest thing to ever happen to him. Soccer also started for him this week. He loves it also. I've never seen a kid trip over his own feet quite so much, but I'm sure he does get that from my side of the family. Truth be told, I'm not so incredibly athletic and I've apparently given those particular traits to my son.

All in all, things are well. I'll try to update more frequently, now that things are slowing down a bit. Of course, whatever will I write about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.