Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cars and other pains in my ass...

Hi. How was your weekend? Mine...fine...I guess....

Let me tell you people. If you ever get the opportunity to take two thirteen-year-old-girls to the mall for their Christmas shopping, jump off a fucking cliff. That's about how much fun I had with my daughter and her friend doing their "Christmas shopping". I put that in quotes because my daughter bought gifts for all of her friends and none of her family. I'm refusing to give her any more money because quite honestly, I've given her plenty and think that she should feel like crap for not having her priorities straight. But alas, who ever does at thirteen? Parenting sucks and if you think that your sweet little angel who is cute and says funny things will not grow up to be a royal pain in your ass later in life, you are seriously delusional, just sayin'.....

Anyway, Saturday morning, I've promised the little queen bee and her pal that I'd take them to the mall. However, the night before when getting my groceries at Sam Walton's evil empire The Walmart Supercenter, I discovered that my brakes were making noises that no car had any business making. I had the husband (who is mechanically inept in every sense of the word) take it in to be looked at, and as I suspected, the rotors were shot and needed to be replaced....seriously diminishing my Christmas payload....gotta love cars.... Anyway, $185 later, we're on the road to the mall all full of Christmas cheer an' shit!

Upon arriving at the mall, Genius (that's what I call my husband, I'm sure that if ever one of my children are called a genius at any time in their educational careers, they will be seriously offended, because it takes on the opposite meaning...if you get my drift...), is amazed at the clusterfuck that the parking lot has turned into...shocking isn't it? That during the Christmas season the malls would be packed? Did I mention, he invited himself on this excursion and did nothing but bitch the entire time about how we could have done all of our shopping at the evil Walmart empire instead? Ugh, men!

Anyway, I've got most of my Christmas shopping done, I'm still married and my car stops, so that's all positive shit right there, right?

Of course Genius's fuel pump went out this morning and he's a special kind of pleasant to be around and him riding with me in the mornings could be the end of an otherwise happy union....we'll see....

No comments: