Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Office Parties

Today is the day of our office "Holiday" party. Its supposed to be a very fancy ordeal at the Westport Sheraton Lakeside Chalet. The company is even providing shuttle service to and from the party so as to avoid any parking issues. I'm actually looking forward to the party this year. Anytime there are free drinks and free food available, sign me up! However, our company does this type of thing on such a large scale the only way its feasible is to have it on a weeknight to accomodate such a large number of people. I'll report how the party goes tomorrow for you all my uh...readers!

Last night was the girl's Holiday concert at school. I was astounded at what some parents will let their children leave the house in, much less perform in front of large groups wearing. One girl literally wore her sister's prom dress to the concert. This girl was in the 5th Grade! Not only was she wearing the prom dress, but she also was wearing some stripper-like plastic high heels with it. Amazing.

My girl looked adorable (if I do say so myself!) in some brown gauchos with a brown and pink blazer and pink ballet flats. Not my style, but it looked cute on her and apparently, that's what all the Jr. High girls are wearing because there were about 15 other girls in her class of 30 students wearing almost identical outfits. She's improved dramatically on her flute so the band portion was not nearly so painful to listen to as its been in the past....yay for my girl!

Anyway, that's all I've got for today. Catch ya later, folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, thanks for linking to me! And for what it's worth, I own a pair of plastic stripper-ish heels ... but the day that I ever wear them out of the house as anything other than a Halloween costume accessory will be the day that Dubya learns to pronounce words.